As seen on Season 7 of Penn & Teller: Fool Us, “Face Test” by Tyler Twombly is an extensive 1.5-hour tutorial that teaches how to use a strong psychological principle known as “The Thatcher Effect” to transform portraits of real people from accurate to otherworldly simply by turning the photo in your hands. This is optical illusion and magic combined in a new and unique way.
You will learn:
- The “Framed” trick, in which a face transforms slowly as it is rotated in your hands. No visible moves and completely self-working. Perfect for social media, TV appearances, and parlor.
- Every single detail of the exact routine performed on Season 7 of Penn & Teller: Fool Us. Learn the 3 easy (and practically invisible) moves that will allow you to transform multiple portraits right before your audience’s eyes. By the time you reveal the transformations, the work is done, and you can focus on PRESENTATION.
- Detailed Photoshop and Gimp tutorial for creating your own customized faces
- Detailed, clear visual explanations of all methods used to create and utilize the gimmicks to maximum effect
- READY-TO-PRINT Face Library so you can get to performing without having to use any photo manipulation program
- NO magnets
- NO threads
- NO palming
- Uses easily obtainable supplies you can get at any craft store
- Visually pull a real 3D moon out of the sky!
- A love of psychology and magic
- Positive mental attitude (PMA)